Tales of a Midwest Lutheran on the East Coast

Thursday, September 27, 2012

2012 CROP Walk


Dear Family and Friends, 

This year I will be walking my first ever CROP Walk, and I'll be doing it with my congregation, St. Paul Lutheran Church. 

Just what is a CROP Walk?

CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events that bring people together in a common mission: helping hungry people at home and around the world. And you can be part of it, too!

Please join me on this journey, ending hunger one step at a time. The CROP walk donations that St. Paul receives goes into the community of Hightstown, NJ. The mayor of Hightstown once met with area clergy and admitted that there are NO government aid agencies at work in the community, though there is great need. And yet, people are helped and fed.

Food pantries are open daily. Hot food is served most nights of the week. Shelter is found for the suddenly evicted. How? Through area churches like St. Paul and non-prophets such as RISE in Hightstown. But they need our help to keep helping others.

If you would like to donate online, my page through CROP Walk is: http://www.churchworldservice.org/goto/stpaulpastor2

It is a safe donation place and they accept both major credit cards and Paypal. Any donation you give will go directly to the East Windsor/Hightstown Ministerium (WHAM) group, which will disburse the funds to area organizations later this year. 

  "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me."

 Matthew 25: 34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment