Tales of a Midwest Lutheran on the East Coast

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Walking in a Winter Wisconsin Land!



It's catch-up time.! The week after Easter we flew back to Wisconsin to spend some time with my family. I had been back for four days last summer after being in a wedding in Chicago, but Beau could not go that time. So this is the first time in almost two years for both of us being back... so we had a lot of catching up to do!! One day we went to Katie's college (Marian in Fon du Lac WI at right), sat in on a class, saw her apartment, and the daycare she works at. We had a lunch and "open house" at one set of grandparents' and took the other Grandpa out to dinner at IHOP with the rest of the fam. We drove through all the new round-abouts in Neenah. I saw the cows and the cats at the farm, and spent some time helping Beau do research on my side of the family tree. We found some interesting things, like how the local paper reported in detail about the wedding dress that Grandma W wore, and details about how my great-grandpa died in a dynamite accident. Oh, yeah, it snowed one day, too! Then we brought back with us 7 pounds of cheese and I don't know how many pounds of steak, hamburger, and venison. And yes, we've shared the cheese curds. I suppose the fact that we brought my family Tasty Kakes makes it a fair trade... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment